Take Five With Lauren Chimileski
Name: Lauren Chimileski
Grade/School: 12, West Milford High School
This week we Take Five with Lauren Chimileski, one of West Milford's best gymnasts. Lauren almost took a different route but the pull of gymnastics was too strong. Her team means a lot to her, as does being a Highlander. Be sure to go to our Web site, westmilford.com for our bonus five with Lauren.
1. How did you get involved with gymnastics?
I mainly got involved with gymnastics when I was a freshman in high school. I did it for a little when I was 8, but I stuck with it for the high school team.
2. Who is your favorite teacher of all time and why?
My favorite teacher is my sophomore English teacher, Mrs. Dwyer. She was an amazing teacher and she was always there to help me when I needed it. Even now, I can still go to her for anything.
3. Share a favorite moment with your team.
My favorite moment with my team was when we won the 2013 League Championships and broke our highest score of the season.
4. What is your favorite movie, book or character and why?
My favorite movie is The Last Song because it's not only a heart warmer but a heart breaker, and a tear jerker.
5. Share something no one knows about you.
Something that no one knows about me is that I was really an 8-year-old gymnastics drop out.
Well, good thing you decided to come back to the sport, Lauren! West Milford is proud of you. Do you know someone who should be featured here at Take Five? Let us know who and why. Email us at email@example.com. We want to feature all the terrific kids in the township.
6. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my cousin Michael. I've looked up to him since I was little. Considering I've always wanted to be just like him, he's made me into the girl that I am today.
7. Name three things you would bring with you if you were on a deserted island.
If I was on a deserted island I would probably bring water, food and a survival kit that's filled with all different things.
8. What do you do with your time when you are not doing gymnastics?
When I'm not doing gymnastics, I'm usually hanging out with my family or friends.
9. What does being a Highlander mean to you?
To me being a Highlander means taking full advantage of all of the opportunities we are given and being supportive of our school and classmates.
10. What would most people be surprised to know about gymnastics?
Most people would be surprised to know that I've actually grown up doing all star cheerleading for Just Cheer All Stars. However, I've had an extremely successful gymnastics season, qualifying for states, which is basically a level 10 gymnastics meet.
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.