Take Five with Gabriella Catania
Name: Gabriella Catania
School/Grade: West Milford High School. 11th grade
Activities/Sport: track and field
This week we Take Five with Gabriella Catania, a junior at West Milford High School who is a member of the track and field team. Gabriella started running to get in shape but ended up loving it! Go to westmilfordmessenger.com for our bonus five with Gabriella.
1) How did you get involved with track and field?
I got involved with track freshman year. I signed up to get into shape but I ended up loving it and will continue to do it as long as I can.
2) Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my aunt, Enza. She always has been a role model to me, by teaching me right from wrong. She has a huge impact on who I am today.
3) What would most people be surprised to know about track and field?
Most people would be surprised to know that it doesn't matter if you come in first, second or third place in your race. It's all about beating your personal record.
4) Share a favorite moment with your team.
One of my favorite moments is when my friend Lexy and I went on our first "adventure" freshman year. Our coach sent us out for a long run and we decided to make it fun by going through the trails in the woods and explore a little. We still do it to this day and it never gets old.
5) What is your favorite movie, book or character and why?
My favorite movie is Never Back Down. The title explains it all but it taught me that if you really want something you must fight for it. There will always be times where you will fail, but you should never give up.
And that's a great lesson to learn, Gabby. It's not how often you fall that's important; it's how often you get up!
Do you know someone who should be featured here at Take Five? Tell us who and why. Email us at email@example.com with their contact information too. We want to feature all of the great young people here in the township.
6) Who is your favorite teacher of all time and why?
I can't decided who my favorite teacher of all time is because I had so many good ones.
7) Name three things you would bring with you if you were on a deserted island.
If I was deserted on an island I would bring a fishing pole, water and my dog Rusty!
8) what does being a Highlander mean to you?
Being a highlander means being dedicated in what you do and supporting others in what they do.
9) What do you do with your time when you are not doing track?
I am either hanging out with friends or shopping.
10) Share something no one knows about you
Something that no one knows about me is that one day I would love to travel the world.
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.