Take Five with Kyle Butera
This week we Take Five with Kyle Butera, a recent graduate of West Milford High School. Kyle loves lacrosse and is fiercely loyal to his Highlander teammates, although he tells stories that probably shouldn't be told. He's also a master Kan-Jam player, so beware if you challenge him.
Name: Kyle Butera
School/grade: West Milford High School/graduate
Activity: Varsity lacrosse
1. Who is your biggest inspiration?
My biggest inspiration is my father, always pushing me to try harder and be the best I can be at anything, not just lacrosse. Without my dad I wouldn't be the man I am today.
2. Who is your favorite teacher of all time? Why?
My favorite teacher of all time is my precalc teacher Mrs. Piecuch. How can't you love that woman?
3. Share a favorite moment with your team.
My favorite moment with my fellow lacrosse team mates would have to be when we got locked out of the school then broke in to get our keys for our cars and the school alarm went off. Not really sure if I should be sharing this or not......
4. What does being a Highlander mean to you?
Being a highlander to me means that you get to represent your school colors. You get to represent West Milford in one of the only ways possible, which is competing against other schools in sports or competition. You've got to bleed black and gold as a Highlander and take on anyone who tries to make a fool of your school and according to the wise words of Mark Hendry, "Rise."
5 Share something no one knows about you.
Something no one knows about me is that I am a Kan-Jam pro, I will beat anyone.
Great school spirit, Kyle. And it's nice to see a young man look up to his father like you do. Role models are best found at home. Be sure to go to our website, westmilfordmessenger.com, for our bonus five with Kyle.
Do you know someone who should be featured here at Take Five? Let us know! Send an email and tell us who and why, along with their email address. We want to feature all of the terrific young people in the community.
6. How did you get involved with lacrosse?
I got involved in lacrosse in 6th grade when the program was started for the first time.
7. What would most people be surprised to know about lacrosse?
People would be most surprised to know that getting slapped in the arm or chest with a lacrosse stick doesn't hurt as much as it seems.
8. Name three things you would bring with you if you were on a deserted island?
Three things I would bring on a deserted Island would be Bear Grills to get me home safe, my lacrosse stick to pass the time, and a machete to help Bear do some of the work.
9. What do you do with your time, when you are not playing or practicing lacrosse?
In my free time you can usually find me hanging out with my friends, playing Kan-Jam or NHL 14.
10. What is your favorite movie, book or character? Why?
My favorite movie currently is Godzilla, need I say more?
MUST READ NEWS
Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!
- Enter your email address in the box below.
- Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
- Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.