New library opening Saturday at noon


Make text smaller Make text larger



Photos



  • The new library is expected to be open by the end of May. The current library building will be closed May 2-4 as materials are moved to the new building. The old building will reopen May 5 with limited materials.



WEST MILFORD — The grand opening of the new library and community center is set for Saturday, June 17, at noon.

A brief ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at noon and then the doors to the new library will be open.

The 17,000-square-foot building is a joint effort between the library board the township council. The library will be responsible for 72.5 percent of the $4.85 million cost while the township will pick up the remaining 27.5 percent. The space will be used proportionally.

The old library has been closed since last Friday as staff moved the remainder of its inventory to the new building. They also used the time to set up their computer system and apply finishing touches for the big day.

Make text smaller Make text larger

Comments

Pool Rules



MUST READ NEWS

State extends bear harvest; hunting resumes from Dec. 13-16

The New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife has extended this year's bear...

Read more »
Image

Jennifer Lynn Bosch of Milford, Pa., dies at age 27
Jennifer Lynn Bosch of Milford, Pa., died at home on Sunday, Nov. 26. She was 27.
Daughter of Thomas and Doreen (McCabe) Bosch, she was born on April 2, 1990, in Pompton...

Read more »

James Cornelius Farley
James Cornelius Farley, of West Milford, passed away peacefully surrounded by his loving family at home on Saturday, Nov. 18. He was 88.
Jim was born in Manhattan to John...

Read more »

Where in West Milford?
Where in West Milford have you seen this detail? If you think you know, fill out the form below.
Read more »
Image

VIDEOS



E-NEWSLETTER

Sign up to get our newsletter emailed to you every week!

  • Enter your email address in the box below.
  • Select the newsletters you would like to subscribe to.
  • Click the 'SUBSCRIBE' button.

* indicates required
Community Newspapers


MOST READ

Where in clues
Where in West Milford?
  • Dec 8, 2017
Obituaries
James Cornelius Farley
  • Dec 8, 2017

MOST COMMENTED



West Milford, NJ