Macopin Middle School Principal Marc Citro and Assistant Principal Oliver Pruksarnukul announced the school’s November Citizens of the Month on Monday.
The Citizen of the Month program was started in the 1990’s to recognize students who go above and beyond.
The process begins with a teacher nominating a current student for this honor.
After their nomination, the students are then reviewed by their current teachers and volunteer faculty committee who evaluate the faculty’s comments and discipline records based on established criteria.
Included in this list of criteria are as follows:
· Shows responsibility both academically and socially
· Shows caring, kindness and helpfulness towards peers and staff members
· Demonstrates respect for self, peers, property, and authority
· Leads by example in either actions and/or words (example: follows classroom rules)
· Demonstrates perseverance
· Shows honesty and integrity
7th grade: Richard Durgin, Julia Reilly, Tyler Santangelo, and Hanna Szyller
8th grade: Mackenzie Guerrieri, Emilio McDonald and Charlotte Storch