In the 2021 New Jersey General Election, West Milford residents will have the opportunity to vote for:
• Governor and Lieutenant Governor (vote for one slate)
• One Member of the State Senate - 26th District
• Two Members of the General Assembly - 26th District
• One Surrogate
• Three Members of the Board of County Commissioners
• Two Members of the Township Council
• Three Members of the Board of Education for the West Milford School District (Full Term - 3 Years);
And two public questions:
• State Public Question No.1: “Constitutional Amendment to Permit Wagering on All College Sport or Athletic Events”
• State Public Question No.2: “Constitutional Amendment to Allow Certain Organizations Authorized to Conduct Games of Chance to Use Proceeds From Those Games to Support the Organization”
Voting Information, Dates and Options for 2021 (source: nj.gov)
October 12, 2021
The deadline to register to vote in the 2021 General Election for residents who were not already registered to vote was October 12th.
For future elections, registration can now be completed online at the Division of Elections website by clicking here. Residents must be 18 years of age by Election Day to register to vote in that year’s election.
October 23 - Oct 31: In-Person Early Voting Period
Centralized voting “megasites” will be open in NJ during the following hours for in-person early voting this year:
• Monday-Saturday 10am-8pm
• Sunday 10am-6pm
(*NOTE: for in-person voting: “Circumstances may change. As of now, all voters are asked to wear a face covering and observe appropriate social distancing.” Source: state.nj.us)
In West Milford, the in-person early voting site is located at:
West Milford Municipal Building- Town Hall Main Meeting Room
1480 Union Valley Rd
West Milford, NJ 07480
For more information about in-person early voting, click here.
Deadline to apply for a vote by mail ballot for the General Election.
For the 2021 General Election, there are 3 return options for vote by mail:
• US Mail (must be postmarked by 8 p.m. 11/2/21)
• Drop off in person at the Passaic County Board of Elections Office (401 Grand St. Paterson, N.J.) by 8 p.m. 11/2/21.
• Drop off at a secure ballot drop box by 8 p.m. 11/2/21
West Milford’s drop box is located at the front entrance of the Township of West Milford Municipal Building: 1480 Union Valley Rd. West Milford, N.J. 07480.
*NOTE: According to Vote.NJ.Gov, “vote by mail ballots CANNOT be returned to early voting centers or to polling places this year”... You cannot bring your ballot to your polling place on Election Day. “However, you can bring your completed and sealed ballot in-person to your county’s Board of Elections office, or place it in a secure “ballot drop box” located throughout your county.”
November 1 at 3 p.m.
Deadline to apply for a mail in ballot in person at the county clerk’s office:
Address: 401 Grand Street, Room 130, Paterson, NJ 07505
Office Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm
All regular polling locations will be open this year for in-person voting from 6:00am-8:00pm.
Your polling place will be listed on the sample ballot mailed to you, or can be found online at: Vote.NJ.Gov. A list of West Milford polling sites is also available below.
*NOTE: At this time, ALL voters are required to wear a face covering and observe appropriate social distance for in-person voting
Township of West Milford Election Day polling locations:
● Districts 1 & 2:
145 Oak Ridge Road
Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
● Districts 3 & 4:
Apshawa Fire House
666 Macopin Road
● Districts 5 & 6:
Macopin Fire House
PO Box 647
1362 Macopin Road
● Districts 7 & 9:
West Milford Town Hall
1480 Union Valley Rd West Milford, NJ 07480
● District 8:
West Milford Library and Community Center
1470 Union Valley Rd West Milford, NJ 07480
● Districts 10 & 11:
Upper Greenwood Lake Volunteer Ambulance
814 Warwick Turnpike Hewitt, NJ 07421
● Districts 12 & 13:
American Legion Post #289
177 Lincoln Avenue
Find nj.gov voting information by clicking here. Or, call: 1-877-NJ-VOTER (1-877-658-6837)
- Patricia Keller