Passaic County has announced that the grant application for small business lease emergency grant will go live on Monday, Nov. 16.
The link to register: bit.ly/PassaicCounty_Grants
Under the Passaic County Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program, funding can only be used to cover the following business costs/expenses and all grants will be ACH wired directly to landlords or real estate holding companies:
· Lease payments (September, October, November, December)
The Passaic County Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program will provide grants up to, and not to exceed $20,000 per company for rent expenses.
Companies located in the 16 municipalities of Passaic County are eligible to apply to the NJRA/Passaic County Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program. However, businesses must meet the following criteria:
· Businesses must have a physical location in Passaic County;
· Businesses must be a: Sole-proprietorship, LLC, LLP, Corporation, or S-Corporation;
· (There are no minimum or maximum number of employees by company).
The following types of businesses are not eligible for the grant:
· Home-based businesses
· Franchises with more than one location
· Companies with sub-leases
· Companies with shared spaces
· Businesses with gambling or gaming activities;
· Businesses that conduct or purveyance of “adult” activities, services, and/or products;
· Tattoo parlors;
· Businesses under any auction or bankruptcy;
· Businesses that have loss due to fire, “lost-of-lease,” or are “going-out-of-business;”
· Sales by transient merchants;
· Liquor stores, bars;
· Vape/tobacco shops;
· Outdoor storage;
· Any illegal activity; and
· County employees and elected officials, as well as their immediate families, are not eligible to apply.
The following general requirements must be met to be considered for funding:
· Businesses must be current with local and NJ Taxes;
· Businesses cannot have received a New Jersey Economic Development Authority;
NJRA or US Small Business Administration grant for Covid-19 relief for the same use provided under this Passaic County Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program to avoid a duplication of benefits
· Businesses must have been open and operating on or before March 9, 2020 and cannot have been delinquent in rent payments prior to March 9, 2020.
· If the applicant is also the property owner, property taxes, water, and sewer taxes, must be current at the time of the application.